Energydispersive xray analysis provides information about the chemical composition of a sample.
Currently our system is in repair! Please ask for the schedule!
- Elements from Boron - Americum detectable
- for non-conductive, inhomogenous, rough, samples: only qualitative or semi-quantitative results are possible
- We can not ensure, that your sample is easily assigned to a structure/ mineral species after the chemical composition is known.
- processing can take up to a two weeks
- minimum material: µ-gram
- After purchasing through our shop you receive an invoice with our lab address
We offer two options how you can send us samples for analysis:
1st option: You can order preparation material (aluminium stubs and carbon pads) and prepare your material at home before shipping it to us.
This video will show you how to do the preparation in detail:
2nd option: You send your isolated material, e.g. in a capsula (order here), or stick a marker on the entire specimen to the region of interest and send it as it is.
Please note, that you have to declare it as "sample for scientific research" in order to avoid long custom clearance if you send from outside of the EU. Please declare a value less than 30 USD to let us do the work on this material as soon as possible and avoid long clearance times.
- Please choose a shipment method while checking out if you want to get a return of your samples (+5.00€ for small samples).
Analysis will be performed on a Hitach S3700N tungsten electron microscope with
SE-, BSE- and EDX-Detector Quantax 200/EDAX detector with an energy resolution of 123eV @ MnKalpha.
Comparison BSE- and SE-Detector:
In this section you find reference analysis:
The most reasonable offer includes:
- Online delivery of the report (spectrum, quantification and SEM image) as a .PDF Datei
- No Return of your sample
This offer is an EDS analysis of your sample including:
- Online delviery of the report (spectrum, quantification and SEM image) as a .PDF Datei
- Return of the analysed sample